Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Summer Bible Study Options

Summer is just around the corner, and I can't wait! Several years ago, I would gather my friends on a weekday evening, and we would work through a Bible study. I treasured those times to still have the opportunity to grow in my faith with women I loved and the Word of God. Now, that looks a little different being so far away! But I'm thankful for Skype and the advances of technology to keep a study going with friends!

These are just a few options of studies I've done. Gather some friends. Make some lemonade, and study the Word.

I'm currently going through "What Love Is" with my friend Ashley. The words of John have never been more refreshing. 


Elisabeth Elliot's "Keep a Quiet Heart" is perfect for a one-a-day devotion type book. Read one of the excerpts a day. This is such a challenging book to rest in the Lord and not worry.


I found "Streams in the Desert" after reading another blogger's site. This is a daily devotion laid out by dates. This is for the person going through trials, darkness and/or suffering. This book shines the light of Jesus into our lives. 


On another note and for something a little different, Jeremy and I have been listening to classes from www.biblicaltraining.org. These are courses taught by seminary professors taught on very aspects of the Christian faith - Old Testament theology, Ethics, other religions v. Christian beliefs, etc.

Though time slows down, take advantage and dive in to a new study this time of year when you have more time than normal. You won't regret it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment