Friday, August 14, 2015

Eight is Enough

We always assume that time passes by slowly, especially in the midst of it all. It goes something like: When is this day going to end? When will I get through this season? When will this happen? etc. It passes by slowly until we are on the other side of things, looking back, noticing how it's a speck of time really.

Eight years ago I moved into my apartment in Wake Forest. I was prepared to take on the world (and seminary). I proudly proclaimed that I wanted to be a writer - a Beth Moore type if you will. I was terrified of a new city without friends. I was terrified of being an adult. I, for one, do not think college makes you any sort of an adult.

Eight years later (tonight) I will be celebrating my upcoming marriage with some of the most beautiful, lovely, godly women I know. These ladies have been my friends for the most part of the eight years. I sit at the age of 31, an adult now - a girl who has traveled well, burnt a number of things in the kitchen, and frequently balances a check book.

Though I would have never imagined I would be spending eight years in Raleigh, I realize now how much the Lord was using this time for the future. He needed me here, and I needed the people He'd placed in my life here. The Forest and the 919 became my home. My friends became my sisters.

Cheers to eight years in the 919!

No comments:

Post a Comment