Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Faith and Fear

Though it's steamy as all get out over here, I shall continue to write.

Faith and fear don't walk together.
Have you heard this before? I hear it all the time. It certainly doesn't mean I like to hear it. It sends me into semi-panic mode because I automatically assume that if I am fearing something, then I must not be having faith in the Lord. And you know how giving the mouse a cookie.. well that not having faith in God thing turns into a quick downward spiral of the greatest kind. It results in some tears and no cookie, if you catch my drift.

I was recently reading in my Beth Moore study. (Side note here: I've never been an extreme fan of Beth Moore. I would lump her in the category of Vera Bradley bags, the Frozen movie, and Starbucks. I'm not one to jump on-board with what everyone else is jumping on board with.) With that being said, I'm starting to take a liking to her now. She pointed out in my study how unfortunate aforementioned sentence can be. It's not necessarily true. Moore pointed out that faith is oftentimes displayed in what we choose to do in the midst of fear. How huge is that!? This was BIG for me!

There are a lot of times when I think my faith is flailing. I'm like a flounder on a dock. But this statement challenged me to look at my moments of fear. What do I do? It's in those moments of fear that I turn to the Lord - whether consciously or not. He's my go to. Because He's my go-to, that's where my faith is. I was asking myself this question the other day "Who is God?". He's the One I turn too. I run to Him. And though on the surface I may be freaking out, the very core of who I am is turning to Him. The core knows who He is, and the core of who I am trusts Him. My faith will fail, but He will not. I'm pretty confident I know that.

Faith and fear can walk together, my friends. It's in those moments of fear that faith pulls us through and grows stronger.

Be encouraged!

1 comment:

  1. This is great! I am a huge fan of Beth Moore and a lot of that reasoning is because she has a way of giving me perspective that makes me go AHA! Kinda like this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete