Wednesday, October 15, 2014

An Update

Today's post is a follow up to this post. Maybe read that first, and then you'll know where I'm going with this.

Today I made the following statement while at the doctor's office (or for you grammar lovers- exclamation): I'm excited to weigh in!

If you read the suggested post, hopefully you will understand where I am coming from with this. The scale and food used to be such a dread and obsession for me. Oh, believe me- I'd eat! But then I'd weigh myself or regret decisions. My eating and exercising were never even a small attempt to bring glory to God or enjoy His gifts. The scale became the thing that determined my mood. The food led to much regret and mind games.

Thankfully over the past year, I have been able to see God working so much in my life with this specific area. Yes, there are times when I fret about eating too many unhealthy things in a weekend. There may be the occasional week where I eat out one too many times. But food and exercise have become such an enjoyment to me. I don't think on the two chocolate chip cookies anymore. I don't worry if I miss a day in exercise. My weight is not what binds me. Could there possibly be a day when I fret again? Yes. Definitely. For now, I am enjoying where I am in life... what I'm eating.. and what I'm doing. The scale isn't as scary anymore for multiple reasons. One proactive step I have taken is to not have a scale in the house. Not having one in the house has decreased the obsession significantly. Thankful to my God who transforms us. He sees us in our sin. He forgives us. He changes our lives through sanctification for our glorification.

HE will bring it to completion. Phil. 1:6

"If you do away with the yoke of oppression (the scale, perfectionism), The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame (body)."

"I'm excited to weigh in."


No comments:

Post a Comment