Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Deadlines

Immeasureably more. Deadlines.

I know I have most certainly written about this before, but it only seems fitting to write about it again. Here I am sitting at my desk, taking a break from the demands of a Circulation Manager. However, deadlines are all around me. Last Monday, I was looking into the next two weeks and had 4 lessons to write for my curriculum job and 4 devotions left to write for a separate project, which I hope to talk about more in the near future. In that moment, a sense of panic or overwhelmedness (yes, as I writer I do, in fact, realize this is not a word) came over me. How in the world would I be able to do the demands of my actual job and write all of these requirements in order to meet both deadlines? It amazes me how the Lord works every time I sit down to write. I literally approach every assignment with this mentality: "I have no idea what I'm doing. Just write this for me." And then by His grace, I have typed or written out a lesson plan within an hour or so. It is good, and I am confident it is evidence of His grace.

Stepping back from it all, I realized today just how much of a blessing deadlines are to me. Entering seminary 8 years ago (umm.. what?!) I wanted to write, but I certainly didn't know in what capacity. I honestly didn't know where or how to start. But God knew His plan for my life in 2007 and carried it on into this year.. and will still carry it through to completion. It started with this little 'ol blog which led to guest posting on other blogs which lead to a position as a curriculum writer which lead to me writing my own book (that has finally reached 100 pages) which lead to me being asked to join another project about James. My point is this: It was immeasureably more than all I could have asked or imagined (Ephesians 3:20). My creative God who designs the sunrises and sunsets of the day has gifted me with the ability to write, of which I am still in awe of, and has used me for His kingdom in this way. There were other things I thought I'd be doing, but this is it. And it's immeasureably more.

No comments:

Post a Comment