Friday, May 2, 2014

More History Than You Wanted

And here we are with the weekend in sight... Aaaaammmmeeeennnn.

I just have a list today. And lists are suitable for many occasions. One such occasion would be today.
On a side note: I can't ever spell occasion correctly.  Now, back to the list.

James Adams
Author: David McCullough
I am completely crushing on this book right now y'all. That is, if it's possible to crush on a book. And if it is, then I'm there.. and like all in. Being a little History nerd, this book has been on my reading list since my first obsession with Boston travels. Now that I'm reading said book, the obsession for a second trip has commenced. It's taking me a while to read because I literally get excited every time I open it. I attribute my excitement for an American Revolution back to the day of 4th grade. Um hm. And I had to dress up like a delegate for ALERT. That delegate was David Brearly, and we've been pals ever since.
Quote from Abby: "If a king let his people slip from him, he is no longer a king." Man - That. Is. Good. on multiple levels.
Jeopardy Fact: Declaring independence was actually done on July 2nd and was not officially signed until August 2nd. Maybe I knew that, but I'm thinking the teachers and professors let that one slide through the floor.


Mr. Wonderful's Chicken and Waffles.
Y'all. We were a little scared. Not gonna lie. We knew we were in a part of town that would not be our norm. But it was fine. So fine. When there is Kool-Aid on the menu -both Tropical Punch and Lemonade, you know some throwing down is about to take place. And I'm still thinking about that food. Don't hate and don't judge -because we ate every.last.bite.

Goose Chase
You know that term "a wild goose chase"? Yeah, well that was me. When I pulled into my parking spot at work, I could see the following family trekking across the mall parking lot. I ran after them to secure a cute picture. It was all about the babies. The parents. Not so much - I'm not fond of a goose. At any rate, I captured these goslings after aforementioned chase:
Not to be confused with this Gosling:

And I'll close Friday out on this note:
And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.  1 Corinthians 2:1-5
So. Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment