Monday, January 20, 2014

Today

One day during lunch time in high school, my friends and I were discussing our dreams from the night before.  I, as always, had my mind going in a million different directions and focused very little on the dream being discussed.
Friend walks up and joins the group: Who had a dream?
Me: (Not skipping a beat) Martin Luther King, Jr.

He did have a dream, and his dreams were much greater than the ones we discussed that day.  I can't imagine how different the world might have looked had racism never appeared in society.  It is too much to think on the risk, torture, and terror that were experienced because of the skewed views of what some thought God's perfect world to be.  His perfect world is that every tribe and tongue [and skin color] will proclaim his name - Jesus Christ!  Phil 2: 9-11


No comments:

Post a Comment