Monday, August 19, 2013

Not Your Regular Dear Abby

Dear Pants Makers,

Hi, I am not one to generally complain about clothing.  I have been able to go into stores for years and find my size shirt, dress and/or matching scarf, sunglasses and shoes.  The problem always comes when it is necessary to buy pants - dress pants, jeans, skinny jeans.. what have you.  I can try on 10 different styles in 10 different stores and am inevitably unable to find the perfect fit.  I don't think that I'm asking too much when I want my pants to fit appropriately.  You know or should know what I'm referring to.  I don't want my pants to be saggy in the crotch or butt.  I want them to fit on my hips.. Yes, I have hips just like every other healthy woman out there. We were made to make babies, and these pants y'all are making just don't allow for the features God gave us to continue his creation.  I want them to show off my size and figure in a modest and appropriate manner.  I want them to be true to their size and not clinging so hard that I have to jump off a ten story building just to get in them.  Now, I know what you're thinking.  Go up a size?  No, that is NOT the solution to THIS problem.  This problem is a size 6, and I want to my pants to fit like a size 6 should.  I like to be trendy just like the next gal, but my dress pants just simply need to be dress pants.. that's all.  No skinny.  No ankle.  No mid-calf.  No straight hip.  Just a little curvy that's all I ask.  I am sorry to bother you with this situation, but I think every woman in America would do the slow clap if they could.  We are average sized women who enjoy our occassional cheeseburger and french fries, and we want our pants to fit - be flattering - and not feel like why have to miss out on that next cheeseburger just to wear your pants.  *Sigh.*  That's all I got.  Thank you.

Erin

This is written after diligently searching high and low for the perfect dress pant on Saturday, Sunday, and now Monday.  Jen Madsen was my partner in crime on Saturday, and I am thankful for her patience!  Today was a lucky day for Loft Round 2.  Previous styles did not fit.. but this is it:


It almost makes me want to cancel out the above letter, but I'm just not quite there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment