Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Slice of Life




Apparently, for just a week.. I fell off the blog train.  I was tired y'all.  And with little to no Internet.. more like no Internet, it was hard to keep on the blog train.  With that said, I had a super wonderful relaxing 4th of July weekend.  But I'd be lying if I said that I didn't complain about the heat.  I did. I really did.  I do, however, need to remember those January mornings where I walk to my car just hating life and the snow and the cold and the bulky sweater. Yuck. Bitter.. maybe.  So hello sunshine.. I still love you!

Lindsay left us. Sad day.  Even sadder, this was 11:30 PM.  All for Lindsay.


Celebrating the 4th.  I love the 4th of July. I really love any holiday.  But who doesn't love a holiday where cheeseburgers are a staple, and you can keep playing with sparklers like you're 5!  More seriously though, I am thankful for the freedom of this nation.  At times, it seems that those freedoms are being taken away.  I believe they are.  But our God is greater.  He knew the purposes and plans for this nation before time began.  My prayer is that our nation would return to Him! - No apologies for taking that all serious.


And what's a weekend without a day trip somewhere? Not good I tell ya!  Saturday we headed to Morehead City.. and later Beaufort to hang out with our friend from Mcdowell days - Jonathan McNeil.  He's going career to Poland in a few short months .. and he lives near the beach.. so you put 2 and 2 together.. 2 birds, 1 stone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment