Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Two Treats

Today was a special treat because I woke up and actually got myself together .. quickly!  I was able to have my quiet time on the balcony -- with the sunrise, my Bible, journal, some vanilla wafers and peanut butter, and a glass of water... because that's how I do at 6:30 AM.  When I was a part time gal, I could do my quiet times outside every morning because I had no where to be.  That is a whole love/hate situation right there.  But I miss being able to do my quiet times outside, and so I was thankful for this morning!  I think sunrises and sunsets are God's little gift to me (and every other person in the world), but they just take my breath away.

.... And then this took my breath away:

"The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me;  your love, O Lord, endures forever - do not abandon the works of your hands."  Psalm 138:8

It doesn't matter what I do or how I do it, because God's purpose is going to be fulfilled for me.  He will bring it to pass in His timing and not a moment sooner or a moment later.  No need to worry about that!  Some times I get in a rut and just think how I'm living life.. and it doesn't look adventurous.  In fact, it looks quite boring.  I feel like I'm not contributing to His kingdom and that I could do so much more.  I think about how my life would be different if such and such happened for me. But this is the place in life that He has me right now, and He knows it.  I have to abide in His will and know that His purposes are being accomplished. Amen and amen.

On a completely different news channel of my life: I was thinking about awesome 90's TV shows last night and literally daydreamed about finding a DVD with all the great shows on it.  You know, Legends of the Hidden Temple.. Salute Your Shorts.. Alex Mack .. Roundhouse.. I know, You're smiling just thinking about the good ole days.  Good ole days no longer! Those days are here and now.. I'm the proud owner of these, as of today ha:

  
Can't wait! Seriously.
It's about the small things.. and the treats.


No comments:

Post a Comment