Friday, November 9, 2012

Five Things for the Show

Um.. I think when I was thinking of this title, I was thinking of that little sing-songy thing that goes "one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, and four to go." And some how I ended up with Five Things for the Show. Oh well.. It's Friday, and I can do whatever.  So today -- I just have five completely random things .. not confessions.. Just things.

1- So you know how this little Facebook deal is going on where you write what you're thankful for. A lot of people put Jesus in their number 1 spot. And I am not hating on that. I am actually thankful that I have seen that in statuses. It is refreshing and comforting to see brothers and sisters in Christ thankful for Jesus as their Savior.  However, I find myself thinking "Are you really thankful for Jesus?"  or do you find yourself under obligation to say Jesus. I don't know. Just being honest I feel like sometimes I under obligation say Jesus as my answer, because really I don't always think on how truly thankful I should be for Jesus and His sacrifce and His death on the Cross and my freedom from sin and my salvation and Satan no longer having reign in my life.. because of His death because of His love because of His grace because of His mercy.  Let's think DAILY on why we are truly thankful for Jesus as our Savior and Lord.. and not just every so often or when we feel compelled to respond with "Jesus."

2- TODAY IS LINDSAY CORE'S BIRTHDAY. I am thankful for her friendship and that sweet moment we became closer friends. It went something like me having a breakdown moment in her car and crying my eyeballs out. She had never seen anything like that, at least from me. And that's when I knew we were in it for the long haul.  Happy Birthday Lindsay!

3- I am thankful that color blocking is in full swing. You can just throw any 2 colors together and roll with it.  Like for today I have on this pinkish/violet shirt and turquoise skinny jeans with leopard flats. That just screams party to me. Which a party it will be.. seeing as how we are celebrating Lindsay's birthday at Sitti and with dancing.

4- I love my daddy. I called him this morning and for the first time EVER, I could not understand a word coming out of his mouth. But I love him. The other day I was so frustrated with work, and he just said "You've got to have faith that something is going to come up." And tears just rolled down. Ugh. I see a theme. - Tears.

5- I am a HUGE fan of Old Navy Christmas pajamas. When I see them in the store, my train of thought goes like this - all within a matter of 10 seconds: Old Navy pajamas.. Christmas socks... decorating the tree.. Hot chocolate.. Jingle All the Way... That Jonathan Taylor Thomas Christmas movie that I can't ever remember the title too... The Walton's Christmas... Hot chocolate and cookies this time around.. and finally I already have 2 pair of pajamas.. Do I really need another one? Always returning to Point A in the train of thought. It may take a while, but I get there!

Happy Friday! 3 Day weekend ahead, and I just don't know what to do

No comments:

Post a Comment