Friday, September 7, 2012

When I cook, I get proud

This past week I just got busy cooking.. I made BBQ for friends, pumpkin bars, a pizza something, and homemade doughnuts.. When I say homemade, you might as well just go ahead and know that it means "Semi-homemade" haha. All good nonetheless!

Sorry the picture for the pizza thing doesn't do it justice. And by the way, this isn't my picture. Those were not working properly. Story of my life.

PIZZA THINGY.. is what I'll call it.

Pizza Crust from HT
Toppings
Pizza Sauce

 So it's really easy.  All I did was buy a pizza crust in the deli section at HT.  It's like a pizza dough ball, so for real you have to toss that thing around like you work at a pizza place. Good thing I watched carefully at the deli!  Flatten it out really well into a rectangular shape. You have to use a lot of flour, so that it doesn't stick.  Then all you have to do is pick out your toppings (Cheese and pepperoni please!) Start at the far side of the dough and do a small line of toppings and roll the dough over. It'll have a pinwheel effect - But it will be this large pizza thingy! haha. I baked it at 350 for like 30-35 minutes and used pizza sauce for dipping. It was so yummy!  - especially when a girl is craving some carbs. Yep. I was.

HOMEMADE DOUGHNUTS

1 Can of Jumbo biscuits
A little bit of oil
Cinnamon/ Sugar mix or powdered sugar

When I read Homer Price in 5th grade, we made these doughnuts, and they were oh so good! It's simple too. Just separate out the biscuits, and cut a hole in the center. - ha Obviously. I think we used a Pepsi lid or something.  Place a little bit of oil in the frying pan - just enough to coat the bottom. Fry until golden brown :) Roll around in some cinnamon and sugar mix. AND Enjoy! They are too good!

Eat it up this weekend.
This is my life.. and I love food.


No comments:

Post a Comment