Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Taking the Big Apple.. Part II

And here we are at Day 3! I have to confess that this weekend I was missing NY.. I wanted to go back and be there at several moments during the weekend. But so is the life of always thinking the grass is greener on the otherside. PS - I still had a good weekend in Raleigh :)

Sunday morning we went to a local diner for breakfast. I had chocolate chip pancakes, and they were yummy! We definitely wanted to go to the World Trade Centers, so we did that before our show.  I've been there 3 times since 9/11.  Every time it's been a hit with reality; every time I think of where I was and what I was doing. Thankful for the many firemen we saw around the city :)  We quickly headed to the theatre to try to get early bird tickets for Chicago. We got tickets for $37.00, and our seats were great! I couldn't have been more happy.  Sunday night we went to this little outdoor restaurant in Brooklyn called Habana Outpost. THey show movies outside on Sunday nights. It was kinda the local hangout for young professionals. I WAS IN HEAVEN :) A good cuban sandwich, black beans, and plantains. Yes sir! I'll take it!! I wish something like that was here in Raleigh - with the whole outdoor feel and a movie! It was neat. Needless to say, we didn't stay for the movie but wanted icecream instead.

Our last day.. sad face.. I wanted to see Coney Island. That was the ONE of TWO things I wanted to see. So we hopped on the subway and went to Coney Island before we had to catch the plane.  I have a slight fascination with carnivals - State Fairs, the ones in a parking lot at the Home Depot.. Yeah, I dont care - love them all! It wasn't that crowded which was nice, so we sat and stared at the beach. hahah. AND we ate a Nathan's hot dog. But that isn't where the fun ended! Nope. After getting our bags, we had to run 6 looonnnng blocks in the pouring rain to get to the subway for our plane. We looked like wet rats while every New Yorker looked cheery and clean. We then had to sit at the airport for close to 4 hrs in our dirty clothes [bc we had to change out of the wet ones] and froze .. so cold in that airport. The NY fun came to an end and so sad to see it go!

Sorry folks! I couldn't get all the pictures to work.. But there werent many anyways :)

No comments:

Post a Comment