Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Free For All!

TGIF! Now all we are missing is some Family Matters and Boy Meets World! It's going to be a Friday Free-For-All. There is just so much churning in this brain of mine.. I'm ready to share it all. So in bits and pieces, it's all here.

If you need a little devotion-something while you are at work, check out Proverbs31.org. It is such a good website for women and actually has a blog for 20-somethings! This week there were two devotions that just really stood out.  Micah 6:8 reads: "And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."  God requires us to be good. The point of the devotion is that as girls, sometimes we require or set standards for what our mate should be like. Believe me! I have my own.. There are just certain things that attract us to the opposite sex. But what God requires of us is to be good. Why do we place any other expectation on a mate than to be good as God requires? Just a thought. And another from today... but this is just a quick snippet. How awesome would it be if we craved the Word of God as much as we can crave a gallon of icecream [Blue Bell, if it were up to me] or a pan of brownies? When we normally should only eat a portion of icecream - to maintain those girlish figures, of course! - We can have as much of God's Word as we want. HE is our portion! Beautiful! And so... Here are some verses I've been looking at this week. Just for you!
 
  **  And I--in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness. Psalm 17:15

**  But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever,the purposes of his heart through all generations. Psalm 33:11
 
**  How abundant are the good things that You have stored up for those who fear you! Psalm 31:19

-- Commercial Break .. Change channels --

I enjoy random and simple things. AKA easily amused! I was tickled pink when I saw Jordy's status yesterday, the brother, and realized even more how much we are alike. His status read: "Just reached into a bag of gummy bears and pulled out 5 red ones. I do believe it is going to be a good day!" Yes!!

My favorite status of the week that I posted: If flirting is an art form, Mrs. Bush is the Master teacher, and I'm just in the Beginners Class. Y'all that woman can work it! While Amanda and I were at breakfast with Mrs. Bush and Jonathan and Shonica, we were taking notes!

-- Commercial Break.. Change channels again ---

Roll-Up Shorts in Cotton TwillI am in LOVE with these shorts! They were a like at first sight. Thank you Ann Taylor for continuing to impress me with your fashions and the birthday coupon that allowed me to get these jokers for $10!

Another STRONG like at the moment is a Chickfila chocolate chunk cookie. I for real loooovvee chocolate chip cookies. I believe I've always thought that the guy who brought me a cookie instead of flowers for a date would certainly be a winner... or a keeper :) These cookies are so yummy.. Don't listen to Amanda or Lindsay.

And finally .. THIS can in the mail for me this week.. I. AM. PUMPED. .. Because we all know we're glad Dylan made his way back to this zip code.
Ok.. so the free for all is over.. Hope you've enjoyed! Have a FANTASTIC Memorial Day weekend.. Let summer begin!








No comments:

Post a Comment