Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What is your savior?

You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God! Psalm 40:17

Y'all the only thing I can say is that the Lord is working in my life!  My prayer is that He is doing the same in yours, and He WILL, if you let Him.  The past couple of days Scriptures have been flooding my quiet time and brain.  They are only pointing to one thing - my sufficiency in Jesus and completeness in Him. 

On my way back to Raleigh the last time I was home, I listened to a sermon by Mark Driscoll.  My take away that I needed in that moment was how often we look to everything else in the world to be our savior rather than Jesus Christ who is our Savior.  We think we can find salvation in being a size smaller or by having a boyfriend, etc. Can't you tell I'm preaching to myself?

Let's think about this because I was thinking about it earlier in the week. On some level, I workout hard to get to an ideal weight.  But really, what happens when I get to that weight? I don't gain any sort of prize. I don't get any more approval - which is man's approval anyways and not God's.  There is no salvation in being a certain weight or size.  There is no standard I have to meet, so why even work so hard! - Working for the wrong reasons that is.  Note: On the other hand, I do enjoy working out, and we are supposed to take care of our temple.  But on the larger scale, whatever your "thing", you have set a standard for yourself that doesn't exist at all.  We/I easily making those things in our lives to be our salvation. But just as the verse from Psalm 40 says above.. God is our deliverer! In my study Bible it says-  You are my salvation!!! Praise the Lord! Acts 4:12 "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to man by which we must be saved."  -- Our weight, our career, our future families, or husbands will not bring us salvation. Salvation is only found through Jesus Christ.

This is the verse that popped into my head this morning: "Am I now trying to win the approval of man or of God? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10

Also, check out this devotion.. haha.. the Lord knew He was sending me a message TODAY!
http://www.proverbs31.org/devotions/measuring-2012-05/

This is my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment