Monday, May 21, 2012

Delighted

Y'all the Lord is good! That's all.  haha.. No really, I could just write a post and end there. But since you ventured to the blog, I shall write.

This past week was one of the most interesting weeks I have had in a while- really just because various circumstances or situations were coming at me. And the only thing I could do.. or the only thing I should ever do is turn to Him. Being in Psalm 16 last week during my quiet time, I was continuously reminded that I must keep the Lord before me. He is the one who has assigned my portion and my cup. He doesn't want to harm me, but He wants to give me a wonderful inheritance. He just wants me to trust HIM! And most importantly, apart from Him there is no good thing Psalm 16:2.  Erin's translation: If God's not in it, then it's not good. Whatever it is. Period.

I am also thankful to the Lord for the sweet moments He gives me. It is so easy to get caught up in the busyness of life and not just enjoy what's going on before you. I am easily a planner, and sometimes that works great. But lately, it has been wonderful to NOT have a plan and then allow things to fall into place.  I realized this when I was kayaking yesterday in the middle of a lake.. More like a struggle! haha, but it was still fun nonetheless. The Lord took that time to focus my mind on the things I had done that weekend and just how good and refreshing they were to my life. That He is good to me no matter what season of life I'm in.

Yep my weekend was crazy and random and fun... but y'all I did 2 things I have never done before! Paddled around in a kayak and shot a gun. Now, don't you know that is something serious when 2 new things happen within an hr. haha. Kayak adventure = struggle. I could not get it together until the end of my journey. And then, I didn't even want to shoot a gun. I thought it would just be like a Red Rider gun like in the movie. NO! It was a 40 caliber. Yep, shot it one time... and that was good enough for me. It certainly didn't help that I had seen the One Tree Hill episode with Jimmy Edwards in it just days before. I screamed every time it was shot.. certain that neighbors thought something mad wrong was going down. hahaha

My weekend ended with my besties, Papa John's pizza, Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream chips.. and of course, Season 3 Finale of One Tree Hill.. Yall better get on that OTH train.. it's good!

"In the morning Lord you hear my voice. In the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly."
Psalm 5:3

This was my life... Last week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment