Friday, April 20, 2012

Made to Crave

It's been a week since I've done a post! I can't believe it. But I have also been in training all week for my new/used job at SECU. This week has been so refreshing and truly a gift from the Lord. I have been spoiled this week by getting out of training everyday at 3/3:30, which has allowed my afternoons to be filled with running, tanning, and One Tree Hill. It has been a nice and needed break because I jumped from one full time job straight into the next. And I got baptized on Sunday yall! What a great celebration that has been a long time coming. I shared a little about this on one of the last posts. But this past Sunday was special because my parents came to be a part, and friends were there, and my 6th grade girls Sunday School class came too. This was my obedience to accepting and understanding Christ as Lord in my life! Whew! So good!

Now on to the post: It has taken me about 3 weeks to read Made to Crave. That has been because it is so good and challenging! Some of you may know.. and others may not.. but I have battled on and off again with every bite I put in my mouth. What bondage!! I know.. believe me. My motto is that I workout to eat. But then I usually feel bad about the overeating [which I never do!] The heart of the issue which was brought to greater light while reading this book is that my heart is worshipping myself - my eating, my physical shape, my exercise. However, our heart is to truly crave God.. for everything that He is to us! We are to desire Him more than anything else this world has to offer. Now here's my caveat... I don't binge eat. I don't calorie count [though I used too.. sad]. I don't run to chocolate every single emotion I have. But what I realized when reading this book is the grand scheme --- we run OFTEN to other things when something comes up in our life. We run to a guy. A favorite food. An activity - shopping etc. We run. Basically we are looking for anything that will fill us up and as much as we try, the only thing that will fill us up and complete us is Christ. -- "And in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority." Colossians 2:10  We were made to enjoy all these things I've talked about -- food, relationships, activities -- but it is in the right heart. Because more than anything, we were MADE TO CRAVE HIM!   "Taste and see that the Lord is good!" Psalm 34:8

No comments:

Post a Comment