Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Good Word

We are girls. We have dreamed about it since we were 5. I'm pretty sure we each have a scenario for how the wedding day will look depending upon season, ok well, maybe that's just me. But it's true.. probably the idea I have clung the most to and for the longest is a New Year's Eve wedding. What is missing? Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that you have to have someone waiting at the end of the aisle to marry you .. craziness and all :) That's love!

I usually pray first thing in the morning.  I mean as soon as my alarm goes off, I hit prayer mode. And my first thoughts in the morning are the things that are heavy on my heart. This morning it was a future mate. I think it is easy to look at your life or my life and think "where in the world is this guy going to come from?" Let's take my life for example because I was obviously going through this in my head THIS morning. I go to work.. I run outside.. I eat dinner.. Go to bed. Now, my life isn't that boring, but it's the general pattern that I have.. I also go to church obviously. However, our church isn't the most busseling place for the young adult category. It's full of girls.. and I do love yall.. but let's be real. So, I'm sitting there just praying away.. more or less listing my life to God, as if He doesn't already know.  Well, what comes next..
the Holy Spirit brings this to mind:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways, acknowledge Him
and He will direct your path.
Proverbs 3: 5-6

What sweet words to be reminded of this morning! The Lord knows each and every desire of my heart. He knows my desire to be a ministry partner with a husband, to be a wife and mother, to be a family woman! I don't need to lean on my own understanding that I will never find anyone.. or that no one will find me. God is the one to orchestrate all of that - He just asks me to TRUST HIM!  I must look to Him to be my fulfillment. He is the One to provide for me and meet all of my needs in Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment