Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Weekend

Lane, Kelly, and myself with our paintings!

Easter Dinner Table Arrangement at Mrs. Bush's .. so pretty!


Treasures from the Egg Hunt
Easter is one of my favorite holidays! As I've grown closer to the Lord, it has come to mean much more than our simple interpretations as a child. JESUS IS ALIVE! That's where our hope lives, and it is what we are to cling to. We can trust that sin was defeated on Friday and that death was defeated on Sunday.

This year I decided to stay in Raleigh again. I really enjoy spending time with my family in SC, but I made the commitment to teach Sunday School for 6th grade girls and knew I needed to be out a few other Sundays - esp. Mother's Day :) Because I love me some Mama! Anyways, I enjoyed Easter weekend because I was able to hang out with some people that I don't always get to see on a weekly basis -- Vaughn and Cleve and Jackson on Friday.. then Lane, Kelly, and I took part in Wine and Design in Wake Forest. We took our Chickfila cokes and painted those pretty peacocks. Painting is a lot of fun. Especially, when you are told what to do hahaha. Sunday was nice being able to worship with my church family at Bay Leaf and then spend Easter dinner at Mrs. Bush's house with friends. For me to think I wasn't going to have a busy weekend, it was packed!!

But I would also like to share something else.  This Sunday I will be getting baptized. I have already been baptized, but did so at a younger age. I understood at that point in life completely what it meant for Jesus to be my Savior. I know that I were to have died at any point from then to now that I would have been with our Lord. However, I didn't understand or even know that we accepted Jesus as Lord.. and grew to understand that more through college and seminary. I didn't want to be baptized again at that point because I thought people would think something was wrong with the seminary girl being baptized. Issue of pride, for sure! But the Lord has been working on my heart for the past year and out of obedience, I will be baptized again to symbolize my acceptance of Jesus as Lord as well!!

"He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us" 2 Corinthians 1:10

This is my life...



No comments:

Post a Comment