Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Monica in Me

I've been told I look like a Rachael, and I'm pretty sure at times I act like a Phoebe. But deep down inside there is Monica.  I like for everything to be neat and in it's place. True relaxation doesn't start until it is. I want to be the hostess and make fun stuff for my friends. I want to be in control of every aspect of my life.. thence, I am Monica.  There's a point I promise.

This morning I was thinking about this little funk I have been for the all of 2 days of this week.  In just a moment of prayer, I was praying to be free from the struggle/funk that I was experiencing. And I know I'm not preaching to the choir about this. So, I started thinking about the root of what I was really frustrated about - it wasn't that people had canceled plans on me; but it was in the given situations, I was no longer in control.  It was beyond my control that plans had to be changed and altered.  And of course, that scares me! It was in that very moment that God reminded me of my controling nature and wanting to know/plan every detail of my life, because I think on some level I would like that [at least plan a few weeks at a time].  Yes, I am very thankful that He still loves this little control freak.  But He was saying to me that I don't have to plan everything, or know everything, or be upset when things don't go my way. In all things, I need to relinquish control to Him.  The moment I accepted Christ in my life is the moment that He also became Lord of my life. He is in control of my life, and I have to be confident in His leadership over my life.
Episode where Monica tries to plan Emma's
party around her vacation.
Prov. 3: 5-6

So... though I've been approached in the most random places by people trying to tell me I look like Jennifer Aniston, and though I am a little quirky like Phoebe.. deep down I'm a Monica... and Jesus still loves me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment