Friday, February 3, 2012

No Doubt says.. "I'm just a girl!"

It blows my mind to think that this weekend myself and every other Sports-lovin [and some not so much] American will be doing the SAME exact thing at the SAME exact time! Is that just not crazy?! This year I think it will be more about the fun food and commercials, and hanging out with the friends. Drew Brees will not be seen .. sadness. If I were to pick an NFL team, I am lining up with the Saints! 

But today's post comes in part from a blog entry written by the one and only Lindsay Core aka bestie to me.
You can read her entry here: http://lindsaycore.blogspot.com/2012/01/who-am-i.html

So, I think.. who am I?! And this is what I've come up with.. and it definitely doesn't fit into any category.

- I am a Christian. This is who I am. This is where my identity is found.
- I am the girl who loves to find chips that are folded over in the bag. They make more of a crunch.
- I am late.. pretty much always. But only by about 3 min.
- I am a runner. I can finally say that. We have a love/hate relationship, but I like a good challenge.
- I am the girl who gets anxious and doubts and doesn't trust God near enough.. and am thankful for His patience and His grace!
- I get so stinkin' excited when I come up with an idea for a party! Newest party- Soon to be announced.. get pumped!
- I am the girl who looks at Pinterest thinks/sees all these great ideas, plans in my head what to do.. and then I just don't know where to begin.
- I am Joey Potter.. I am Brooke Davis.. I am them rolled into one ball of a mess :)
- I am the girl who got a minus on my report card in kindergarten because I didn't talk enough.
- I am the girl who would get a plus on that report card now. :)
- I am the girl who considers fashion to be an art form. Dressing well is an art. And that's how I paint.
- I am the girl who know her way around the weight room, and I'm not even ashamed about it.
- I am the girl who will/has stood up in the middle of a restaurant or other public place and done a dance or turned a circle.
- I am the girl who loves a good sporting event.. college basketball, baseball, and my greatest love... NASCAR.
- I am the girl who is becoming a lady and is thankful for the women in my life who are prime examples of what a lady is to be. - my mama, my Mema, Mrs. Bush, and Mrs. Faye

This is who I am. This is what makes up my life. There always seems to be that desire within to be something better, different, more of this, and less of that.. but this is exactly who God has created me to be. A couple of weeks ago, I was emailing Heather about some different things in life and basically her response was [in paraphrase of course] that I was a girl.  Ha! That's right .. I am a girl. God has created me as His daughter. I am these things because this is who He wants me to be. He is refining me and molding me to make me more like His Son, but in the grand scheme of things He can and will use me just the way I am.

This is my life... Happy Superbowl weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment