Monday, August 1, 2011

No More Boring Passport

Yes.

I have an uncanny desire to travel. I want to see the world.  I want to explore other cultures. I want to know what people in other countries do when I'm sitting at work typing this blog. I want to see all the great sites. I want to see it all.

This is from the girl who never wanted to spend the night off.
This is from the girl who cried a whole week at GA camp because she was too far from home.
This is from the girl who didn't want to move far away for college.
This is from the girl who NEVER wanted to leave South Carolina.
This is from the girl who used to get so anxious about any form of traveling.

Because of all that, I never thought I would see the day when I just wanted to hop on a plane and go.  It is quite the astounding revelation.  On the last season of 90210, Dylan gave Kelly an open-ended plane ticket, because she had always wanted to travel the world. Now, I love a good Dylan and Kelly moment, but this one took the cake! I don't know why that particular moment stuck in my head, but I just remembering thinking how awesome that would be.  On this season of the Bachelorette, cute little Ames is a world-traveler. I mean he went to Thailand on a whim just to learn how to cook Thai food.. now you tell me that wouldn't make for an interesting date! Ames is young, and I'm sure financially stable enough to do stuff like travel.  I want to do that! I just want to take off and go and see what happens! I'm ready to fill up my passport, so that it's not just holding a stamp for Costa Rica.. Sad face.

All of this blows my mind, and I look at how God has changed my heart from not wanting to go anywhere to now wanting to go everywhere. How that will pan out.. I do not know. I do know...

This is my life.. And I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment