Friday, July 8, 2011

Peachtree. The relationship is OVER.


It was fun.. but now... Praise the Lord.. it's done! I think I am most proud of my awesome status on Facebook following the race. It read [in case you didn't see it]: "Me and Peachtree. Done. The relationship ended after an hour and eight min."  Peachtree Road Race is the world's largest 10K; I know this because it was posted everywhere.  But really, I am excited that I was able to participate in the race again this year.  Running is a challenge. It is a habit. It is something you work at. And at the end of the race, I can say "I did it!"

But let me be honest for just a minute. I run. And I run alot. But it was hot in Atlanta. They don't call it Hotlanta for nothing. I ended up putting my pride aside for a minute and walking up half of a hill. Yes... I walked just a smidge. I am okay with that. And I hydrated myself well. But the rest of the time was a run/joggish type deal. haha

Some of my favorite moments from the weekend: eating green beans at a food court, watching the Braves game and seeing a Grand Slam, and "Saturday in the Park" being performed once I got done running.

No comments:

Post a Comment