Monday, April 4, 2011

So. As most of you know I graduated from Southeastern almost a year ago. I have had quite the up and down battle with finding a job. My heart is for women's ministry. If you know anything about me at all, I hope you understand my love for girls in the young adult range and ministering to them in whatever capactiy. So I have been seaching high and low for the job for me. I have varied from day to day on seeking where God wants me or where I want to be. By all indications, He doesn't have a move in store for me right now. He is teaching me much about His sovereignty and provision during this time.  Most of you know my story and every little odd job that I have had. 

Today I am asking specifically for you to be praying for me as I seek wisdom/discernment/ guidance as to where He would have me. I am at peace now and not nec. stomping my feet continuously. But I definitely am confident that the Lord has something great in store and sooner than later. Psalm 16: 5-6 "Lord you have assigned me my portion and my cup. You have made my lot secure.  The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places. Surely I have a delightful inheritance." I know that He is a God of perfect timing and has everything already coordinated for me and I am certain it is going to blow my mind at how everything falls into place. 

Please pray for the opportunity that He would have for me - for it to open up and I understand more of who He is and his love for me in the process. Pray for the peace and contentment that would come with the new job if the Lord wills as well as the peace and contentment for where I am now. The Lord knows I am ready to hit Nashville hard! haha. Pray for my family and their rest as I search and trust. Pray for the people who will put their eyes on my resume and see it - that I will be a potential candidate for positions I apply for despite me not being in any of those locations already.
Thank you!
For He is good to me!
Erin

3 comments:

  1. I have found more peace and contentment with my job by being thankful for what is in front of me (not that you aren't--totally not saying that at all ;)) and waiting it out. It takes a lot of self-discipline to not look for other jobs and to not think about the other opportunities out there, but I honestly believe that the Lord will bless you when you least expect it. Kind of like all of those people that say love will find you when you least expect it.... I've found contentment here just by convincing myself this is the "be all end all". I know, it is kind of funny to think you went through all of that school just to settle down and become a teller. But this could be it for a few years. We never know what God's time line is for any event in our life. My 6 months here has turned into almost 5 years!!!! I get the itch every once in a while, but the realness of the recession and high percentage of unemployment keeps me here. Not trying to say all of this to tell you to stop praying at all.. because I never stopped praying--- I just stopped putting myself through so many disappointing interviews, job searches, etc.
    Anyway, everything I said could be for nothing and you get your dream job this week. lol But just thought I'd share my 2 cents on how my life has turned out. :) Love ya girl! Will always be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, I'm excited to see where God will lead you and will be praying for you. I undertand where you are and it's not an easy place to be but resting in God will bring you the greatest comfort.
    1 Thessalonians 5:18 "Give thanks in ALL circumstances, for this is Gods will for you in Christ Jesus."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been praying for you and will continue!

    ReplyDelete