Friday, April 29, 2011

A 5AM Royal Affair

I did it. I woke up at 5 AM and watched the Royal Wedding. Maybe it's the History part in me and some little-girl -who-loves-a-wedding in me. But Candie and I began watching at 5, which was just when William headed to Westminster. I didn't think I would enjoy it as much seeing as how I am American and don't really have anything to do with Britain. But I was in pure amazement. And here are my thoughts:

I was blown away at how Christ-centered their ceremony was.  I have pulled out just a few phrases from the Welcome and Introduction.
  •  "Holy Matrimony, an honorable estate, instituted of God Himself, signifying unto us the mystical union betwixt Christ and His Church"
  • "Duly considering the causes for which Matrimony was ordained: the increase of mankind according to the will of God; the natural instincts and affections, implanted by God, should be hallowed and directed alright, that those who are called of God to this holy estate, should continue therein the pureness of living..."
  • "For be ye well assured, that so many as are coupled together otherwise than God's word doth allow are not joined together by God; neither is their Matrimony lawful."
  • Also a reading from Romans 12
I could go on to say more but WOW! You can check it out here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1381426/Royal-Wedding-Order-Service-Princess-Diana-funeral-hymn-sung.html
{Scroll down on this site to read program}

In a royal wedding like that, you have to wonder how much of the religious aspect of the ceremony was real because they love God with all they are. A lot of it clearly could have been ceremonial, and they were just going through the motions of it all. But the words that were spoken will preach. It was solid Truth found in the Word of God. It clearly claimed Christ to be the center and marriage as the symbol of Christ's love for the Church. It held marriage to be the union of one man and one woman. This was on the Twitter feed for the Ethics & Religious Liberties Commission website:
#RoyalWedding is a celebration of the marriage of one man and one woman – as it should be! #doma #fma
We are not to judge the hearts of those at the wedding. What we know is that Christ was preached and exalted. We can pray that these words did not fall on deaf ears and that hearts were opened and changed.

With that said, Kate was beautiful. I loved her dress because it had some modern flair to it while still being conservative for the rules of the palace. My favorite moments were when Harry looked back to see Kate and mouthed to William how beautiful she looked. I also liked the second kiss on the balcony. William wasn't so hot on PDA, and he even asked her "You ready to do this again." Cute. haha.  I also thought it was fun that they left Buckingham Palace with William driving this little car covered with balloons and streamers. That was unexpected!


Prince William & Catherine Middleton Kiss – Twice! | Royal Wedding, Kate Middleton, Prince William    Prince William Drives His Bride Out of Buckingham Palace | Royal Wedding, Kate Middleton, Prince William   PRINCES WILLIAM & HARRY   photo | Prince Harry, Prince William

Just for fun: On OK! magazine [I am not a fan of OK! Just was looking for pictures], they had an article titled "Pippa and Harry: Wouldn't they make a fun couple?"  I thought the same exact thing, since apparently her glitter decorations for the 2nd party were already getting her in trouble. Living on the wild side.. and well, we already know about Harry.
That's all for now. Enjoy your weekend :)
E

2 comments:

  1. LOVE her dress! So traditional and classy yet in 50 years it'll still be stylish. I've always wanted a long sleeve lace gown. I hope her dress inspires more modest yet stylish wedding gowns. I loved their ceremony too! My fav part was when the priest man said "Every wedding is a royal wedding, for we are all subjects of the KING." Wish I had watched it with ya'll! I did wear a crown at work though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thoughts on the royal wedding. I can't believe you watched it at 5 am!! Crazy :) You should have joined Ray's family - they were all up and eating breakfast during it he said. Also, did you know Prince William's car was converted to run on wine?! That's what it said in my OK! Magazine and yes I do subscribe ;)

    ReplyDelete