Friday, February 18, 2011

Mr. Rogers Would Be Jealous

What a beautiful day it is in Wake Forest today! I'm at work though.. sadness.. But I can stare out of this window and see the sunshine. I have begun to believe that beautiful days are God's gift to me. I need them and especially after the crazy emotional week this has been - It's wonderful!

I just toss back and forth so much about what I want to do with my life. I was thinking about it today. It's surely what I want to do. I say "Oh yes, I want to know what God's will is for my life." But really do I wait and see that? Our generation has had so many options.  We were introduced to cell phones.  They started out like the bag phone or the "Zack Morris" phone and now we have Iphones which are just this incredible "World at your fingertips" kind of phone. Naturally we would think options are not a bad thing.  To an extent they aren't.  But I think because our generation has had so many options, we definitely desire for our lives to mirror the same thing.  I am wired for the adventure.  I want to constantly be around people, doing new things, going to new places.  Unfortunately, if there is a job like this, I haven't found it.. sad.  Our world is constantly offer us/ the consumer new things - fashion, cars, TVs, ways to watch our movies, phones, computers... on and on and on.  Not that I want to place the blame on this for indecisivness.. But for real there are so many options!  Amanda always laughs at me because I can never decide about anything. I'm like Rachel from FRIENDS when she's trying to figure out what she wants to eat ".. mmmm what do I want? what do I want... ahhh".  Then Ross says, "It's not like who you're marrying or anything!" Guess you had to be there!

I said the other day "I'm free as a bird". Makes me think of Rachael McAdams in "The Notebook" when she said "Say I'm a bird!" Ah.. I love it.  But I can really go anywhere I want to. Some may know I have been thinking about joining a church plant in M'boro TN.  I am just exhausted about thinking through the next steps of my life. I said, "God I am so tired. Please just show me the way to go." The next morning I open up to Psalm 27:
11 Teach me your way, LORD;
   lead me in a straight path.
13 I remain confident of this:
   I will see the goodness of the LORD
   in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the LORD;
   be strong and take heart
   and wait for the LORD.

1 comment:

  1. Good words and a good Scriptural reminder! Not only that we will see God's goodness when we are face to face in heaven - which we will - but that we will see his goodness while we are yet here on earth. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete