Friday, September 2, 2016

NC to NY

Last week, two sweet friends came to visit from North Carolina. These are the friendships that hold beyond borders, and I'm thankful they were willing to come visit... though the city was an added bonus! We had a packed few days, as I showed them around these parts!

Day 1- Hello Big Apple! Hello first Uber ride!
Kelly was on her A-game about an Uber; Heidi and I were thoroughly impressed with the whole system.


Ellen's Stardust Diner was the first stop of the day! To be honest, when a girl is hungry she is hungry. I didn't loovvveee my meal, but the experience was pretty neat. The waiters and waitresses are Broadway hopefuls who sing while you eat!


Back again for Round 2 of Jimmy Fallon. Kelly and I both signed up for tickets but only my monologue request was accepted. It's always nice to take a stroll around NBC. In betwixt, I ran down to the CFA and grabbed a Coke. #theheartwantswhattheheartwants


 We also decided to do Top of the Rock and holler at that military discount! I was a first timer on the Rock. No complaints!! This view was better than Empire.

The main reason for the better view: Being able to look at Empire State Building.
Please note this was a selfie timer photo.


The only proof we attended the show was this picture and our wrist bands. No pictures are allowed inside. Jimmy was nice. I think we could all be friends, but rehearsal was rushed due to being VERY behind schedule. Needless to say, the jokes were funny.


Nothing says a city trip like bringing a cupcake from Magnolia Bakery home for dessert. #winning


Day 2 - Hello Hyde Park!
This was taken at the Culinary Institute of America. 


We toured FDR's home and Eleanor's home, Valkill. My history-lovin heart was all kinds of content except for when the tour guide gave me NOTHING on Eleanor's love for her doctor friend. I tried, folks... he just wasn't taking the bait.


Day 3- West Point
Jeremy and I were able to be the dynamic duo, though I was probably Robin and he Batman. We gave the girls the grandest of all tours. 


Thank you Heidi and Kelly for coming to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment