Sunday, July 31, 2016

Life Lately



We are in the dog days of summer here in New York, and it's HOT! HOT! HOT! If you would've asked me in January if I knew this day would come, I would have said, "No!" But here we are, and I'm a happy camper! 

This past weekend Jeremy and I took a quick run to Kohls because I was on the hunt for a cool dress to wear while I work my little tour guiding self out. And we nabbed this cute little dress and quite a few other things including a suit for Jeremy and some Christmas presents. I love it when I hit Kohls at the right time. Here I am showing off my new $12 dress to the mama.



Jeremy's sisters, Karly and Koral, texted us Saturday morning that they'd snagged some Frosted Coffees. I was literally drooling at work over the frosted goodness while the sweat dripped down my face. It's true. After work, Jeremy and I decided we needed to give in and go to Connecticut to get one ourselves! Have no fear CT is only 45 minutes away. While in the parking lot, I was able to use the CFA WiFi to Skype with sweet M. Done and done. 


We then decided to visit this Christian bookstore we'd heard about in CT but never made it over to the place. Sadly they will be closing soon, but we spent a good hour looking at every square inch of the store. I even found a Boxcar Children DVD that reminded me of my cousin Bruce.


I've never had a green thumb, but we are pleased and amazed with how beautiful this one has turned out. This one meaning the second hanging basket that has graced our street lamp.


With the school year fast approaching, we are trying to take advantage of the slow days and pack it all in. We often see these cruise boats passing our house and decided to join in on the fun. Though it was not as informative as I would have liked, I enjoyed seeing the different views and doing something neat on a Sunday afternoon. 


West Point on the tour. Army has a sweet little message for their rivals. 


This man of mine is the best. There are days when it still floors me that we are married. The last couple of days have made me realize that I can love him more and more than the day before. What started as a back pain that prevented movement, ended with a trip to the ER and a severe bladder infection. He was there for it all and even helped me put my socks on when I was cold. A cheeseburger and fries and a Coke make this girl somewhat comfortable when slightly miserable - He knows me well! 


No comments:

Post a Comment