Thursday, April 7, 2016

Spring Recipes

When spring and summer into the picture, I can think of nothing I love more than to sit outside with a delicious meal and just enjoy the day. I tried to explain to Jeremy how much I love a "light" meal which most nearly means something simple and the oven may or may not have to be used extensively. I've found a few favorites that we love around this Stache house and thought I'd share!

Mix and Match Mama's Chicken Broccoli Bites

Shopping List: 
1/2 pound of cooked and shredded chicken
1 (10 oz) box of frozen broccoli, defrosted
1/2 cup of shredded swiss cheese
1/2 cup of shredded swiss cheese
1 (8 oz) bottle of Ranch dressing
1 can of Crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with Pam, and set aside. In mixing bowl, combine cooked chicken, broccoli, cheeses and Ranch dressing. Unroll each crescent roll and place a scoop of mixture into the center of each triangle. Pull edges together and roll (like you were making a pig in a blanket). Roll will not cover all of mixture. Bake your bites for about 10 to 12 minutes until browned and warm. Enjoy! (Yes, I ate this with applesauce like I'm 5. I made Jeremy sweet potato fries as his side. Don't hate.)

Modifications: I used fresh broccoli because that's what I had on hand. I also combined mayo and Ranch dressing because that sounded better to me. I only used cheddar. It still got the husband's "Keep this on the meal rotation" approval. I made it to a chicken salad consistency.



Laura's Corn Chowder
My friend, Laura, had me over for dinner about a month ago and served this delicious Corn Chowder.   I fell in love and knew I wanted it try it out for Jmoney. He loved it! Laura served with a grilled cheese and salad. It was perfect! Because creamed corn is about as cheap as dirt, we will be having this meal about every other week or so; plus it's tasty!

Shopping List:
4 medium yellow potatoes, peeled and diced
3 cans of creamed corn
1 pint of half and half
1/3 stick of butter + a little to saute
1 small yellow onion
Salt and pepper to taste.

Dice onion and saute in butter until onions are translucent. Boil potatoes until fork tender in salted water. Drain and return to pot. Add creamed corn, onions, and half and half. Cook until bubbling. Add 1/3 stick of butter and salt and pepper. Soup is ready as soon as the butter is melted! 

PS- These directions came directly from Laura's text. This picture is my own slightly burnt sandwich that I made and I love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment