Sunday, January 24, 2016

Life at the Point

We are rolling into another week and nearing the end of January! If you've been around these parts for a while, you know I'm a happy camper and birds chirp and flowers bloom when February and January are dunzo.

The week has been busy. This is our life at the Point:

Last weekend, I mentioned Candie came to visit, but forgot to share this picture of me and Jeremy. Here we are at the actual Trophy Point on campus. 



When you have a Skype date with M, and she's like "Who are you again?"


MLK Day is a day off for the Mr. That meant a quick jaunt or 45 minute drive over to the nearest Chickfila and an afternoon full of One Tree Hill. I may have had a good cry or two or four. 


When you're on a tour of the historic Thayer Hotel at WP, and you enter the Army Baseball Suite. Then you proceed to stalk the whole room for a picture of your husband. When you find him, you proudly proclaim to the whole room, "That's my husband!"
#cleetchaser


When your Canada-transplant friend texts to ask how you're handling the snow, this is what you send back:
No hate here!


On Friday, some friends from WP and I decided to take a trip to the Culinary Institute. This was my second visit and for some reason I failed to take pictures on the first go round. What I failed at in first visit, I made up for in the second.  







And finally, with the coming of the snow FINALLY, we reached a milestone of being back at a 5:00 PM sunset. I thought I'd never see it again, and I'm already feeling like Spring is a moment away!

With a snowfall and iced over Hudson, we managed to get to the DD and get the goods- Boston Kreme and Blueberry donuts. Nothing's going to stop us now.

Happy Weekend fine folks!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Erin,
    I have to comment on your picture at Trophy Point....my husband who was a cadet at the time proposed to me at that very point....33 years ago this March. Yesterday was our 34th Anniversary of the day we met...he was on weekend leave and we met at a Bar in NJ. Our 32nd Wedding Anniversary is May 27th....3 days after he graduated from WP.....we were married in the Catholic Chapel.
    I love hearing everything about WP...so I thoroughly enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great!! Thanks for sharing and thanks for reading!! West Point is beautiful and I'm growing to love it more each day!

      Delete