Thursday, June 4, 2015

The Curse has been broken

Almost a year and a half ago, I wrote a post about the curse of Beyonce's "All the Single Ladies" and that infamous pose that led to many years of singleness for Amanda, Lindsay, and myself. You can read that post here.

Yet, there is desperate need for a follow up. Read: The curse has been broken.  And we all shouted like Karen, "Woot! Woot!" There were many times I prayed the Lord would allow us to date and be engaged at the same time. I didn't fully understand His plan then, and I don't claim to understand it now. What I can say, His ways are higher! He proves Himself over and over. I recently told Amanda that I thought God's timing (or what we thought then - His delayed timing) was in perfect sync with allowing us to do the many things He had for us before marriage. His work isn't finished, but He has new work as a wife for us now. Then it was friendship, serving others, serving our church, traveling, mission trips - It's not that these things can't be done in marriage, but He wanted us fully there then. He now wants us fully as wives!

Although I'm clearly not married yet, I can say the grass is green right where you are. Thrive in the season. Do not grow weary in doing good. See what God has for you in the very moment that He has you in. It's hard. It stinks mostly if it's not where you want to be, but it is good. He is good. That daggum CS Lewis quote finally makes sense to me-  "Who said anything about safe? 'Course he isn't safe. But He is good. He's the king, I tell you."

And with all that seriousness and fun, it's time to celebrate the first of three.

                  

No comments:

Post a Comment