Thursday, May 7, 2015

On the Cusp of 31

This is my last post as a 30 year old. I wrote a birthday post last year also. You can read it here.

This year has been one of the most challenging, yet enjoyable at the same time. How does that even happen?

It has been one of the most challenging in that my prayers for my faith to grow were certainly answered. A flower doesn't grow when it's just sitting there. It needs some rain from the storm and lots of sunshine. So we grow in the good and bad, but mostly in the bad.

I've learned so much about what it means to rely on the Lord. I can't even write the words to explain that. Just understanding what it means to pray at every moment and quote scripture at every turn. I think that's what it looks like. It means going to Him. We don't have to live a flashy life for Jesus. We have to live an obedient life.

I've learned a lot about what it means to trust another. Five months shy of marriage, and I haven't mastered that thankfully. There's a lot to be learned in marriage. But to allow another person into your life is huge. I love you Jeremy.

I am learning slowly what it means to walk by faith and not by sight. At some point I started walking by sight and just stopped walking. Meaning I got lost.

I am learning what it means to cultivate faithfulness. To dwell right where you are and be faithful right where you are.

I am learning what it means to have a faithful heart.

I have learned the importance of relationships over the past year. My three favorite circles have all been in three different locations. None of which I have been in. Operating life and managing those circles are difficult.

Here's to 31: A new year. New lessons. Walking with the Lord. Marriage. Life.

God is within her;
She will not fall.
God will help her
at the break of day.
Psalm 46:5

No comments:

Post a Comment