Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Haul Out the Holly: Amelia's Christmas

Happy Wednesday fine folks! We are quickly approaching that Christmas day! Get those presents wrapped.. bake those goodies.. play that Christmas music. It's Christmas time! Today, we're going to learn all about my friend Amelia and her Christmas fun! Lots of exclamation points have been used in the writing of this introduction! Sorry.



What scent makes you think of Christmas? 
My parent’s house on Christmas Eve and Christmas day as my mom is cooking for Christmas. The aromas are amazing and anytime I think about the holidays I always think about that. 

What is your favorite childhood memory of Christmas? 
One of my favorite memories was when I was a junior in high school. Recently before Christmas that year my great aunt who was more like a grandmother to me passed away. It was super hard because we were very close.  She always came over on Christmas morning and it was a special time. That year on Christmas morning my uncle came over and he brought a Christmas gift from her that she instructed him to bring me. She wanted to make sure that morning was still special to me even though she wasn’t there. It wasn't the gift that made it special but her thoughtfulness and knowing that she still wanted to be a part of that day. 

What is your favorite Christmas tradition? 
Celebrating Jesus’ Birthday by making Jesus a Birthday cake and celebrating that each year with my parents on Christmas morning. We celebrate that first thing before doing anything else in our day. It was my favorite tradition growing up and even now as I’m older.
.
What Christmas movie is a must-see each year?
 “All I Want For Christmas.” I love it and have watched it every year since I was young. 

What is that one Christmas drink that gets you right into the swing of things? 
Christmas Blend Coffee from Starbucks 

What's the Christmas treat you can't let the season go by without eating?
 My friend Nadine’s homemade cheesecake. 

Describe a favorite Christmas decoration/ornament in your home. 
The Christmas tree at my parents house. It always reminds me of growing up and the joy of Christmas as a child. 

Tell us about a scripture that means a lot to you during this season.
Luke 1:45 which states, “Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”

What part of the Christmas story impacts you the most (obviously Jesus) but anyone else? 
Mary’s obedience and faithfulness to God. I loved the attitude and character she displayed especially from the passage where she states, And Mary said, “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” I pray that I have that same attitude toward the Lord on a daily basis. 

What is one thing you've learned in 2014?
 2014 has been a rough year for me. I have had some health problems but I have learned what it means to have the peace beyond understanding that Paul talks about in Philippians 4. Through my hard times this year that has been such a gift to me, and continues to remind me that no matter what circumstances I go through in life, God will never leave or forsake me. 

What excites you about 2015?
Hopefully the gift of having better health and that I will be able to travel again and just enjoy feeling well. I look forward to seeing what God has in store! 

No comments:

Post a Comment