Sunday, November 2, 2014

God of All Seasons

In times of pain, uncertainty, joy, or despair, He is still God.
In times of anxiety, happiness, peace, transition, or trial, He is still God.
In times of strength, rejoicing, weariness, or contentment, He is still God.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. How nice would it be to constantly hold to the fact that God is God in all seasons of life. I think we easily become consumed with worries of life, and we forget that He is still God. And thus He is still in control. I think we can easily begin enjoying the blessings He has given us and forget to praise and thank Him for His grace to us. Yet, in life's pleasures, He is still God.

I am thankful for His consistency and faithfulness among the swift and varied changes of this world. I am thankful He is God and better in life's pleasures. And He is enough in life's suffering. He is the God of all seasons.

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
Isaiah 43:2





No comments:

Post a Comment