Thursday, April 25, 2013

Friend Love

I am so soooooooo excited that Lauren Crane Vanderburg has a blog back and in full swing. Elated would be the better word for that! I may have even said "Yessssss!" with a fist pump while I was at work. For real.. with a slight exaggeration on the fist pump.

I love Lauren Vanderburg, and I love Candie Rose. And that my friends is what today's post is about.  You see, with that blog opening back up.. I feel like I have my friend back again.  We don't get to talk often, but I can know about her life and feel like she is telling me right to my face! Oh!, the blessings of a blog.

The other day I was talking with my coworker about having friends who are married and if I had any, or actually the present lack thereof.  My response went something like: Candie and Lauren. I miss them.  The end. hahaha! I met both of my friends during my first month of moving to Wake Forest and starting school.  God knew what He was doing for sure when He allowed me to meet the girls that I did during that first month.  -- Candie, Lauren, Amanda, and Lindsay.  We have done some random stuff together like going to a Derek Webb concert with two guys we hardly knew (Lauren) or getting up at 5 to watch the Royal Wedding together [Candie]. These are the reasons I miss them.  But the point of the conversation that my coworker and I were having was this: she has learned alot about relationships and how godly marriages are to look and waiting and trusting God and balancing friendships with a new spouse and dating etc.  My response was Candie and Lauren because I am so thankful for the time that I was able to learn from them as single ladies but more so as married women!  Our friendships grew as their marriages grew.  Their relationships with their spouses grew stronger... their love for the Lord grew stronger.. and their love for those in their life grew stronger.  I am thankful that these women did not abandon the friendships they had before marriage because it was during those times together after they had gotten married that I learned the most.  God used them tremendously in my own life to teach me to wait before the Lord.  They taught me how to surrender to the Lord.  They taught me how to trust in His timing.  I am thankful for their friendships and miss them terribly. I wish we could see each other every week or so like we did before they moved.  But God is using them now in Denver/Lauren and Japan/Candie. 

These friendships are important.  We have a lot to learn from those God has placed in our lives.  It is important to have friendships with people at all places in life. It's important because we are supposed to be able to learn from those that God puts closest to us.  He puts them there for a reason! 

Thank you ladies for all you have taught me.  Thank you for being godly women   Thank you for being my friend.  Thank you for even being excellent shag partners...

"4 I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your love for all his holy people and your faith in the Lord Jesus. I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, Candie and Lauren, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people." Philemon 4-7

PS-  If you are reading this.. I love yall! and I just wanted to say that both of your weddings took two verrrrryyy long road trips. So I expect the same in return ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment