Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Paul's Getting Real

For am I now trying to win the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man?  If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.  Galatians 1:10

I was reading this last night.  This has been quite the theme verse lately.  Paul is speaking to the Galatians because they have quickly deserted the Truth.  If you read around the verse, you realize how they have turned away.  Don't we turn away sometimes too.  Awful to say but we do.  We think we know better than the Gospel.  Back to the verse.. The Gospel is not accommodating.  It does not accommodate to the way we want things to be. That type of gospel, or lack thereof, only makes us miserable. Instead the Gospel challenges us.. it spurs us onward.. it convicts us of sin.. it shows us grace.. it brings us rest!! Exclamation! Exclamation!

I came across this beauty today:  "I broke the bars of your yoke and enabled you to walk with heads held high." Leviticus 26:13

No comments:

Post a Comment