Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Deuteronomy

Deuteronomy is my favorite book in the Bible -- hands down.  Today I was reading chps. 7-10 and was reminded of just how faithful God is to us despite our complaining nature.  The Israelites CONTINUOUSLY grumbled against God and what He was doing in their lives.  They always wanted to go back to Egypt because they thought that was better! Who am I to throw a stone at them? I do that sometimes.. well alot of the time .. too! As God is taking them into Canaan, He reminds them that He is giving them the land not because of anything they have done.  The Israelites did not earn the land.  I was immediately reminded that God does not do anything for us because of who we are, but totally because of who He is!  It is by His grace...  Wonderful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment