Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Nope. I'm not Lot's Wife

I'm eight days into this new year, and I'm still thinking it's 2012.  I found myself saying 2013 over and over yesterday, as in I couldn't believe it was already 2013.

I want this year to be different. Really different.  There is no need to look back.  I was reading in Genesis yesterday about Lot's wife looking back and immediately being turned into a pillar of salt.  Lot's wife looked back at Sodom and Gomorrah for reasons we don't really know.  But I'm sure she looked back with regret and longing to return to the place of familiarity and safety.  That is not how I want to look back on 2012 - with regret, what ifs etc. 

I want most of all to look forward to this year with excitement.  I want to look forward to the year ahead with anticipation.  I do not want to strive any more and will not strive to gain God's love.  But I will enjoy God's love because He already does.  I want to love Jesus and depend on Him.  I want to give up doing everything in my own strength .. which translate to my pride.  I want to draw closer to Him and enjoy Him.  I want to see the Lord in everything!  Now I'm not a name and claim it kind of girl, but I have presented the Lord with BIG prayers.  I think that I just so easily forget how Big God is and what He can do in His power that my prayers are big so that I will acknowledge how BIG and GREAT and MIGHTY He is. Does that make sense?

I want to live my life every minute and every moment.  I don't want to hold off until "when I get married."  Shucks! I don't know when that will be or if that will be.  This is my 28th year on this earth, and I need to live in moment knowing I will not get this time back.  That doesn't mean YOLO all day every day. Not even the slightest.  It does mean to live my life in a way that glorifies God, enjoys Him, and enjoys His blessings.  Look forward with me.. See what the Lord has in store.. Notice the small things and the BIG things He does in your life and praise Him for it!

"I am your shield; your very great reward." Genesis 15:1

No comments:

Post a Comment