Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I went on a hunt.. for Chad Michael Murray

photo.JPG
Playing Bball on the Rivercourt
This weekend the girls and I escaped to the beach. It was a nicely planned getaway.. we planned it a month and a half ago, so I feel sure that at that point we knew a vacation would be needed at this point. We had one common goal - Get. A. Tan. And I can proudly announce that the mission was accomplished! Among other things, we ate our fair share of puppy chow, peanut butter M&Ms, and Oreos :) My most favorite time of the journey was walking through Wilmington and traveling around to scout out the One Tree Hill sites. And when I say it was a favorite.. I mean I WAS PUMPED the ENTIRE TIME!


photo.JPG
Lucas' s House

 Of course, I have more pictures, but trying to get those on this computer has been a fail! So, I'm just working with what I've got. Now that Amanda and I are continuing our One Tree Hill Season Marathon, we watch and just laugh when we see something we've been too. On the Rivercourt, I believe my words were, "Amanda! We are right where Chad Michael Murray and all his athletic gear has been! Whew!"


And one final story for your mere enjoyment. This weekend I found a new level of dislike for sea gulls. So we will call this story: The Birds. Apparently the family of all 20 kids and adults have never seen this movie. First party foul was setting up camp near us, and second foul was to FEED the birds. Most everyone knows you don't just sit there and feed the birds out of the palm of our hand. Maybe scatter some bread crumbs, but NOT continuously toss up bread and Cheetos to the birds when other beach-goers are trying to enjoy their own fun and sun and not be attacked. Maybe, I was the only one fearing attack, but still. I was lying on my towel, face down, fists clenched, and teeth clenched.. as the birds were swooping, diving, and circling to get their prizes. I just am fearing the birds getting our beach party confused with their beach party and thinking we have snacks too. Ahhhhh! This is what I have to say about the ordeal: It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt!

1 comment:

  1. I believe your actual quote (which made me die with laughter) was: "It's all fun and games until someone gets a finger nipped off." LOL

    ReplyDelete