Monday, February 20, 2012

What's Next

I have become WAY too obsessed with One Tree Hill here recently, but it is too good y'all! In the last couple of episodes, Julian has been working on a documentary called "What's Next!" because Nathan made the executive decision to end his basketball career. So that got me thinking..

I am always thinking about what's next. It can be the next social function - the next time I eat out - how the next guy I meet could possibly fit into MY life - my next trip to the grocery store- the next fun road trip. Whatever it may be, I am always wanting to know what is next. For my life in the grand scheme of things, I have no clue what is next. I am currently sitting at my desk typing this blog knowing that I am the courier for Pinna and Johnston. I know that when I leave here I will go work out, and then girls will come over to my apartment to watch The Bachelor, our Monday night tradition. But beyond these constant details of my life, I haven't the slightest clue what is going to happen next.

I am thankful that God is bringing me to a place where I desire to enjoy the moment. He is showing me that this is life now. Life doesn't begin when the next season of life begins. It is NOW! Granted this is definitely a work in progress, but I want to enjoy the abundant life that Jesus came and died in order for me to have. I'm pretty sure Jim Elliot was always encouraging Elisabeth to live every moment to the hilt and "let not the longing outslay the appetite for living." And so.. that's what's next. - I hope to live this crazy, beautiful life that God has given me - to enjoy each moment, to enjoy friends, family, good food, and the sunshine :)

But for reals.. this is what's next for me... Praha!
This is my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment