Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Birthday

"I'm 27.. I'm 27." When I said that Sunday morning, it kinda brought to mind when Drew Barrymore kept repeating to herself,  "I'm not Josie Grossey anymore.. I'm not Josie Grossey anymore."  I certainly wasn't on Never Been Kissed; there wasn't any Sprite flowing from my backpack; and there definitely was not a Michael Vartan to be my teacher [sigh]. But I am now 27.. and I like it.  I am thankful for the year ahead.. and the years behind me.  I am thankful for a sovereign God who has faithfully guided me to this new year, and I can't wait to see what He has in store. Here are just a few clips from my weekend.  My weekend was defined by the things I love... Baseball, Nascar, family and friends, Red Bone Alley, and tons of funfetti cupcakes :)

Raleigh Bday celebration at Durham Bulls
Bestie.. minus 1

Sitting on pit wall in Darlington

So close... but yet so far...


1 comment:

  1. Love it! I wish I was in that picture with you ladies :( I'm so glad you had a fun birthday weekend and that you are not and never were Josie Grossey!!! You're a lovely woman of God and I'm so thankful for the wisdom He has given you in your 27 years!

    ReplyDelete