Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesdays: Advice to my High School Self


I'm running late to the party, but today I am linking up with Momfessionals for Show and Tell Tuesday. Today is all about giving advice to our high school self. In the spirit of school starting back at West Point a week ago, it's time to give advice to that younger Erin.

Before we begin, let's take a glimpse into high school Erin's life -- It was filled with Backstreet Boys, shopping at Goody's, sticking to the studying thing, no partying and crush after crush after crush. Without further ado, here's my advice...

STOP worrying about your weight. You are not fat. Life's too short to obsess
about the calories. It's short to pinch your waists for a roll. You're beautiful.

DON'T allow the opinions of others to shape your opinion of yourself.

DO straighten your hair in layers. This requires pinning up your hair and going from 
the bottom layer to the top layer.

UNDERSTAND that you will never marry a Backstreet Boy, though this does keep your attention
away from falling for the bad fellas.

That first year or so where you thought you were being cool by eating from the vending machines 
is not cool. Cafeteria food is actually fantastic. Hello, fried chicken!

DO NOT wear a Gilligan hat and knee high socks with your jean shorts.. EVER.

DO continue to pursue the Lord in every way you currently are doing. 
(High school was when I began taking my faith more seriously and what that looked like
in relation to others.)

Oh those high school years! I thought I was so wise during those years. And now I know differently. 
Class of 2002.. I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment