Monday, August 3, 2015

Weekend Recap: "Firsts" Edition

This weekend was the first weekend in a while that I was in Raleigh without major wedding things to do. Though I'm super excited about that wedding day (2 months away to be exact!), it was nice to just be! I decided there were a few things I wanted to do before I leave NC - (Not for good, there will always be visits back!)

My friend, Ashley, wanted to check out a church that her great grandparents (or great-great) helped start in the late 1800's. This pretty red door had me thinking about a One Tree Hill episode - Brooke was the girl behind the red door. Though completely different, this red door was beautiful!


First time at Chuy's. If you haven't gone before, get there quickly! It's lunch time, find yours! I had my first ever chimichanga.. and oooooh baby! It was SO good that I wanted to face plant and eat that way. Since I'm not 3, I refrained and acted like the 31 year old that I am who took a picture of her food.


I did something I never thought I would do and made my first ever stop in Greensboro. I've been wanting to go to the Woolworth's museum aka International Civil Rights Museum since 2010. The tour did not disappoint. Ashley and I felt like true history nerds - and that's ok, because you like what you like! #NCBucketList



It was also my first time to Kayak and be on the Neuse River. The Neuse runs through every bit of Raleigh. Heidi obliged my adventure and had the kayak hook-up. 

#redtoesredkayak #matchymatchy 


#doingourthingontheNeuse #kayakpros #NCBucketList

No comments:

Post a Comment