Thursday, March 26, 2015

Choose Joy

It's the last day of the work week for me, and I couldn't be more thrilled. Girl, wants some sleep and some travel. Except this trip does not involve Jeremy, but it does involve Amanda - another favorite. Though I have a ton to do, I felt compelled to write a blog. So, I shall write.

I think it's crazy how God works. Then I'm immediately reminded that HIS ways are higher than my own. If I had my own way, I would not be in the season that I'm in now. I won't talk about that much more, maybe another time.

However, it doesn't matter what your particular season be- if it's painful or difficult, then it's just down right hard. I think I can speak for everyone when I say, "I don't want to be here." I was reminded about how much I so desperately wanted to be out of school and have a big girl job. I was anxious for that time to happen. There were many tears cried. And now, well now I'd give anything to be back into a part time schedule, sleeping in, working out, and being around friends all the time. There was the long period of singleness and the time has come where I'm not. I'm thankful for that definitely. But I wasn't thankful for singleness then. I wanted nothing to do with it.

My point. Why do we/I anxiously look for the end result? It's like we want to go through something, so we can look back and say, "Oh yeah God. I see what you did there." When really, we need to be realizing the blessing is in the moment - not the ending.

And I guess that boils down to this,

Choose Joy.

That isn't easy. I don't know a formula for that. If you do know, then let me know because it is stinkin' hard y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment