Friday, September 12, 2014

Let Them Eat Cake

What do girls do when they get together for a night out? Well, they do exactly what Mrs.Marie Antoinette suggested - "Let them eat cake!" 

And eat cake, they did! 

Meet Hayes Barton Pharmacy - There's not a drop of medicine to be had. But a piece of cake will solve that problem for sure! With shelves of Brownie batter/peanut butter mousse cake, Oreo cheesecake, Key lime pie, Coconut cake, Tiramusi cake, Chocolate mousse/White chocolate cake, Dark chocolate raspberry cake and Cookie dough cake.. A girl can get lost! So lost. With all 12 of the actual options, I had my finally narrowed my choice down to 4 possibilities. Very methodical logic reduced that down to one slice of the Chocolate mousse/white chocolate cake. Y'all! My. Word. Get there. Get there quickly and order cake!

I'm not sure how this little gem of a place remained outside of my radar for so long, but I'm glad it's in my view!




On another note, this arrangement of flags reminded me of the day we remembered. We don't forget much of that day and can remember the finest of details. For our generation, it was a time of realization- we were no longer safe; we were no longer living in a fantasy world where "everything would be okay." I am thankful for those who have served our country since 8:45 AM on 9-11-01. Thankful for those who wear these uniforms - especially this one.. mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment