Monday, December 16, 2013

Immeasureably More

Good day folks!  Today begins the countdown until I'm off for a solid stinkin' week for Christmas.  I CAN.NOT. WAIT.  Can you tell?  All Caps and some periods in between.  This is longest amount of time I've had off for Christmas in the history of Erin's working career.  Haul out that holly - for reals!  There has been a lot going on to celebrate the Christmas season, but there's also been a lot of resting too.  I overextended myself this year- overextended may not even be a sufficient word for what my life has looked like since January 2013.  But thankfully the slower days are rolling in, and this past weekend was spent doing nothing of the busy kind.  Who is this girl?  I don't know, but Erin took a break.

Now to the point of this post.  The following verse was shared during a Prayer Tea that I attended last week.

" Now to him who is able to do immeasureably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!"  Eph. 3:20

I've read it before.  Probably more times than I can count.  But this verse has stuck with me over the past week.  It showed up in "Jesus Calling" one morning.  Saturday it was mentioned in my Ruth Bible study.  It is actually the background on my phone home page because of the verse that comes right before that about God's love.  I have been praying this verse over the last week, and God is just answering prayers in ways that are immeasureably more than all I've ever imagined.  This is our God.  He is the One greater and bigger than the box we put Him in.  His plans are wiser and working for our good.  He orchestrates things in a such a way that brings Him the most glory and in the end is truly beautiful.  It's immeasureably more.

Sarah was without a child, but God promised to give she and Abraham more offspring than the stars in the sky.  Sarah gave birth to Isaac.  I'm certain this was immeasureably more than all she ever imagined.

Ruth was an outsider, a Moabite, who was provided for and protected and brought into the royal family line of the Messiah.  This was certainly immeasureably more than all she ever imagined.

Hannah was barren for so many years and longed to have a child of her own.  The Lord opened her womb and blessed her with Samuel, who would be a great prophet among the Israelites.  Immeasureable more than all Hannah had ever prayed for.

Esther went before the king to beg that he stop the plans of Haman.  The king issued orders that allowed the Jews protection and the right to destroy anyone who would attack them.  Mordecai was given royal honors.  I'm certain this was immeasureably more than Esther ever expected to happen.

The young teenager Mary responded to the angel's words with "let it be to me according to your word" when told that she would give birth to the long-awaited Messiah.  This grand part of the God's plan HAD to be immeasureably more than she ever thought her life would entail.

Our God is able.. He is willing.. He is in the process of doing it right now.. IMMEASUREABLY MORE than all we/I can imagine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment