Friday, January 25, 2013

Winter... We are not Friends

I'm not a Winter girl.. my blood is made for the Summer.  And because of that, I have been failing.. Failing on the blog.

A few things from the week...

I went to Bojangles on a cold winter's day hoping to get a bowl of creamy, buttery grits.  Do they not advertise that breakfast is served all day?! Grits = Breakfast.  Then the cashier lately politely replied: We stop serving grits at 11:00.

I would consider Mark Driscoll pretty controversial. Monday he tweeted something along the lines of how we needed to be in prayer for our future president who would be swearing an oath of presidency on a Bible he doesn't believe and a God he likely does not know.  Y'all is that not true? I watched the inaugaration and just got a nervousy scared feeling. It will be a long couple of months ahead... We must pray for our leaders and our nation.

I have this insane craving for everything Buffalo and icecream this week. I do believe I have eaten nearly the WHOLE carton of Moosetracks icecream .. close to by myself.  And every time I have been grateful.

I can understand the uproar that has been of late about gun safety and preventing all sorts of bad things from happening. But my heart truly breaks when the people in this nation can be in such upheaval about demanding that sort of protection to save lives.  Yet, this week was the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade.. That's when our nation hit a turning point.  We should have as much concern for unborn lives.  I do. But most don't.  Tragic.  Psalm 139

I am going to Prague. And I am excited to say it!

Take out your Bible and discover the treasure of Hab. 3:17-19.  :)

Have a great weekend.. I'm looking at some PJs, good food, and a movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment