Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Just a few things

I haven't really known what to blog about. It's like that lull of a week between Thanksgiving ending and December 1st, and You just don't know when to appropriately rev up the Christmas music!

So just a few things --
 
We need Jesus at every moment. The good, bad, and the ugly. I do believe that is a Western. But we especially need Him in those good moments. Because when all things are bells and whistles, we easily forget that He is the one ringing those bells! Speaking of whistles, I wished I had an emergency whistle like Rachael had at the Klieman's wedding sale on Black Friday. It would've made thing easier!

Read this little jewel this morning: "Train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come." 1 Timothy 4 -- We have to Train ourselves to be godly. That means we have to be involved.

The Darlington community is so small. So small. This past weekend a father and son were burned in their home. The son was trying to rescue his dad. I went to school with the boy. He was a triplet. One of his brothers passed away a few years ago from a freak accident. I literally have hurt for this family since the moment I heard the news. There is now one surviving brother who has lost two brothers that he shared a bond with that none of us can truly understand and also lost his dad. There is a mother who is now grieving the loss of another son and her best friend in life. I can not fathom it. I constantly go back to the importance of loving our family.. letting them know we love them.. and trusting in the Sovereign God. Please remember the Dana family in your prayers.

1 comment: