Monday, March 14, 2011

For He is Good to Me - Part II

"Rest begins when we give up our story and become content in His story." - Dale Tackett

I am not absolutely certain where I left off, so I will start where I think I should.  God is showing more of Himself to me. I have received wonderful encouragement from others and read some great biblically based articles that have pointed me more towards God Himself and His plans for my life.  Most recently, I interviewed for a job at North State Bank.  This was a full-time position. I had two current tellers at NS refer me as well as the VP.  I interviewed for the job on Tuesday.  After interviews, the HS just gets ahold of me, and my motives are brought to mind.  My desire for a full-time job has really been centered on the focus that the world has.  Job= you have arrived; you can afford anything; left wanting for nothing.  My hesitancy in the job was that I would no longer be able to frequently meet with girls in my life and encourage them and love on them [PS- Because of my random schedule now, I can do this.. and I love it!] So long story short, I didn't get the job and am at complete peace about it.  I had 3 wonderful people already at the bank refer me. I was asked to fill out an application and send in resume. I have 8 yrs of experience in banking and a pretty good balancing record. Obviously, God did not want that for me. I certainly do not know what the future holds, but God is keeping me where I am for the time being. He is sovereign. I am definitely okay with that. I probably could not have said that two weeks ago and surely not two months ago. But these moments are making me more like Christ :)

"Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come.  I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please. ...What I have said, that will I bring about; what I have planned, that will I do." Isaiah 46: 9-11

"Be still and know that I AM GOD." Psalm 46: 10
Read this article:   http://www.girlsgonewise.com/when-god-breaks-your-heart/

Side note: So excited for DUKE!

No comments:

Post a Comment